Depression: evil of the century
Many will say that it’s bullshit or rich’s disease, but depression do exist and it’s growing more and more each day. According to World Health Organization, more than 350 million people in the world suffer depression.
What are the main symptoms?
Lack of interest in all activities, absence of pleasure, feeling of guilt, low self-esteem, discouragement and problems with appetite and sleeping.
Other symptoms are:
- Difficulty concentrating, forgetfulness and mental fatigue;
- Incapacity of feeling joy and pleasure in activities that used to be nice;
- Social and familiar isolation;
- Apathy, lack of interest and motivation;
- Lack of will and indecision;
- Feelings of fear, insecurity and despair;
- Pessimism, guilt, lack of meaning in life, inutility and feeling of failure;
- Death and suicide;
- Pain and another symptoms that are not justified by another medical problems;
- Appetite changes;
- Lack of sexual desire;
- Insomnia or increase of sleep
How does it occurs?
Generally, happens a brain’s biochemistry dysfunction. That’s why it’s necessary to have a medic evaluation.
- Create a routine: it helps to put things in order;
- Challenge negative thoughts: try to see the other side;
- Exercise! It will stimulate endorphin’s production, hormone responsible for well-being;
- Recreation: don’t leave what used to be good
Depression will make you feel torment, anxious and with deep sadness. Boredom and apathy will seem without end. Among all psychiatric disorders, depression is the third most common.